Accident in a Public Place Claims

Have you had an accident in a public place? If you have an accident and it can be proved that insufficient Health & Safety provisions were made, then you may well be entitled to get compensation for your injuries.

Here at Nash & Co Solicitors in Plymouth, we have a team of experienced personal injury lawyers who are ready to help you with any questions that you may have.

no win no fee


“All companies and public bodies have a ‘Duty of Care’ that applies to everyone who visits their premises, to ensure that they are not at risk of injury while visiting them; this includes members of the public and employees from other companies.”
Mike Shiers, Partner

What is classed as an accident in a public place?

Anyone who allows access to the public is legally bound to ensure that all public spaces and facilities are reasonably safe. These regulations cover all public places including shops, supermarkets, car park and offices. Local Councils also have a responsibility to ensure that all pavements, roads and bridle paths are clear of defects and well-maintained to avoid accidents.

If you’ve sustained a personal injury as a result of an accident in a public place, you should seek legal advice. You may initially dismiss your accident as being something quite minor and insignificant. However, the repercussions of your accident can have lasting effects.

Whether you’ve suffered bruising and cuts, a sprain or a broken bone from a slip, trip or fall, we’re on hand to help you make a public liability claim for compensation.

Accident in a public place claims

What kind of accident can I claim for?

Our team of Personal Injury lawyers can help you to gain compensation for a wide range of accidents in public places, such as:

  • Accidents in shops and supermarkets
  • Dog bites
  • Accidents in council owned or managed areas (such as local parks, roads or pavements)
  • Sports injuries
  • Accidents at school
  • Lift incidents
  • Accidents at theme parks

The most common kind of injuries we see are:

  • Slips, trips and falls
  • Cuts from discarded broken glass
  • Burns from hot beverages in restaurants and cafes

Over the years we’ve helped countless clients to make a claim following an accident in a public place and get the compensation they deserve. Our Accident Claims team have a proven record of success and have secured significant sums for their clients.

Interim Payments

In some cases, we can request an interim payment for you which can help to reduce financial worries caused by the accident. It can also be used to pay for private treatment.  An interim payment is made before the conclusion of your claim. This can be particularly helpful if you have suffered from serious injuries as these cases can take many years before they reach a final conclusion.  

Request a callback from Nash & Co Solicitors

Find out more

Have you looked through our Guide to Claiming Compensation for Accidents in Public Places? We have packed this with answers to our most commonly asked questions.

If you have had an accident in a public place, please get in touch with us. Our team of expert Personal Injury Claims solicitors will advise you, at no charge if you have a claim. Get in touch with Mike Shiers or one of his team by calling 01752 827085 or emailing [email protected]

Alternatively, you can request a call back from our Accident Claims solicitors by submitting our contact form.